One Pot Mexican Rice Casserole is a super flavorful, quick and easy ground beef recipe! Your whole family will love this tasty casserole full of beef, rice, corn, and tons of taco flavor!
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 Small Onion (Diced)
- Salt & Pepper (To taste)
- 2 tbsp Taco Seasoning
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 cup White Rice
- 1 1/2 cups Beef Broth
- 1 15 oz can Corn (Drained)
- 8 oz Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 cup Salsa
- 1 cup Shredded Cheese
How To Make One Pot Mexican Rice Casserole:
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the ground beef seasoned with salt and pepper and cook until brown.
- Sprinkle the beef with garlic powder and taco seasoning and stir until well mixed.
- Add the beef broth to the pan along with the tomato sauce, and salsa and rice.
- Add Corn and stir until well mixed.
- Cover the pan and bring to a boil. Adjust the heat to low and continue to simmer for about 18 to 20 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top and cover again. Allow the cheese to melt for about 2 to 3 minutes.
NOTE ON RICE: I always use long grain white rice, but you can use instant rice if that’s what you have on hand. Keep in mind for instant rice you will only need to simmer the mixture for about 5-7 minutes to soften the rice.