For the crust:
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
For the cheesecake filling:
- 24 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 giant eggs, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup contemporary lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/2 cup bitter cream, at room temperature
For the lemon curd:
- 3 giant eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup contemporary lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
For the meringue:
- 4 giant egg whites, at room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
How To Make Lemon Meringue Cheesecake
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-inch springform pan and line the underside with parchment paper.
- To make the crust, mix the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter in a bowl. Combine till properly mixed. Press the combination onto the underside and up the edges of the ready pan.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes or till flippantly golden. Take away from the oven and let it cool when you put together the filling.
- To make the cheesecake filling, beat the cream cheese in a big bowl till clean and creamy. Add the sugar and beat till properly mixed. Add the eggs, one after the other, beating properly after every addition. Stir within the lemon juice, lemon zest, and bitter cream till properly mixed.
- Pour the cheesecake batter into the cooled crust and clean the highest with a spatula.
- Bake the cheesecake for 45-50 minutes or till set across the edges however nonetheless barely jiggly within the middle.
- Whereas the cheesecake is baking, make the lemon curd. In a medium saucepan, whisk collectively the eggs and sugar till properly mixed. Add the lemon juice, butter, and lemon zest, and prepare dinner over medium warmth, whisking always, till the combination thickens and coats the again of a spoon, about 10-Quarter-hour. Take away from warmth and let it cool to room temperature.
- As soon as the cheesecake is completed baking, take away it from the oven and let it cool to room temperature. As soon as it has cooled, unfold the lemon curd evenly excessive of the cheesecake.
- To make the meringue, beat the egg whites and cream of tartar on medium-high velocity till gentle peaks kind. Step by step add the sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, whereas beating on excessive velocity, till stiff peaks kind.
- Unfold the meringue over the lemon curd, ensuring to cowl the perimeters of the cheesecake to stop any cracks.
- Bake the cheesecake for an extra 10-Quarter-hour or till the meringue is golden brown.
- Take away the cheesecake from the oven and let it cool to room temperature earlier than chilling within the fridge for not less than 2 hours earlier than serving.