- 2 cups walnut halves toasted(7oz)
- ¾ cup granulated sugar (170g)
- 2 tablespoons water
- ¼ teaspoon floor cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
TOAST THE WALNUTS:
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a big baking sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat.
Unfold the walnuts on the ready baking sheet and bake for five to eight minutes, or till calmly aromatic. Baking time could range relying on the dimensions of the walnut halves. Do not overbake because the walnuts could flip bitter as soon as coated.
Take away from the oven and put aside to chill. Switch the toasted walnuts to a measuring cup.
MAKE THE CARAMELIZED SUGAR:
Have the parchment lined baking pan used to toast the walnuts near the stovetop. This course of strikes rapidly and you may wish to be prepared.
Pour the sugar and water right into a medium heavy backside saucepan. Set over medium warmth and stir with a wood spoon till the sugar is totally dissolved.
Convey the straightforward syrup to a boil and cook dinner till the colour is a lightweight amber. Shortly scale back the warmth to medium-low and add the cinnamon, salt and walnuts. Cook dinner, stirring continuously, till all walnuts are utterly coated, the combination darkens and simply begins to smoke. If the nuts are cooking too rapidly transfer the pan off warmth whereas stirring to coat the walnuts.
COOL THE CANDIED WALNUTS:
Instantly pour the candied walnuts onto the ready baking sheet. Use two forks to separate the walnuts and unfold them out to dry.
As soon as cool retailer walnuts in an hermetic container at room temperature. Candied walnuts will maintain for as much as every week.
- Cinnamon, pumpkin spice or a mix of your favourite heat spices will all work nicely on this recipe
- To wash a caramel lined spoon or pan fill the pan with water and warmth to boiling. Add the sweet lined spoon and take away from the warmth. Enable the pan and spoon to relaxation till all sweet melts away.
- Retailer candied nuts in an hermetic container. If left in a moist atmosphere the nuts could turn out to be sticky over time.